WS-Policy and WS-PolicyAttachment have been republished based on community feedback. Updates include enhancements to the policy framework.
List of changes are:
- Updated all the examples to use Policy Assertions from 2005/07 Web Services Security Policy and 2005/02 Web Services Reliable Messaging Policy; plus, few editorial changes
- Removed @targetNamespace because it is redundant
- Added optional wsp:Policy/@Name to identify a Policy Expression using a URI
- Removed wsp:UsingPolicy (use @wsdl:required on wsp:PolicyReference instead) because it is redundant
- Prohibited circular references with wsp:PolicyReference
- Promoted WS-Security Policy’s Nested Policy Expression to WS-Policy Framework based on feedback from the security community
At Microsoft, I am a technical diplomat and responsible for standardizing and building industry momentum around WS-Policy specifications. For this publication, I had the pleasure of working with specification authors from BEA, IBM, Microsoft, SAP, Sonic Software and VeriSign.